5,538 mt of meals help distributed
USD 11.6 m six months (January-June 2021) internet funding necessities
435,625 m individuals assisted in December 2020
• In December, WFP and companions supplied 5,538 mt of primary meals commodities to 435,625 beneficiaries (87,125 households) within the counties of Montserrado, Margibi and Nimba beneath the Authorities-led COVID19 Family Meals Assist Programme (COHFSP). The latter goals at aiding essentially the most weak households affected by COVID-19 prevention measures in Liberia. Following earlier delays resulting from challenges within the beneficiary registration course of, WFP has accelerated the COHSFP implementation in December. Beneficiary knowledge entry and processing is accomplished for 13 of 15 counties and meals commodities are being dispatched for distribution throughout the nation.
• WFP is presently partaking with companions to mobilize sources to supply emergency meals help to the Ivorian refugees who’ve crossed into Liberia following contentious presidential elections in Côte d’Ivoire in October 2020. Total, USD 500,000 is urgently required to supply meals help for 2 months to 15,500 food-insecure Ivorian refugees (new arrivals) at the moment residing in host communities and camps within the counties of Nimba, Grand Gedeh and Maryland. WFP’s inner funds shall be superior to supply well timed disaster response, whereas WFP continues to mobilize wanted sources.
• In collaboration with the Ministry of Training, WFP finalized the preparations for the availability of takehome rations in January 2021 to 46,000 major college youngsters (21,000 ladies and 25,000 boys) from 126 faculties in Nimba and 97 faculties in Maryland. Within the absence of further donor funding, WFP is going through a important pipeline break beneath the college feeding programme anticipated from February 2021 onwards, impacting 90,000 college youngsters in essentially the most foodinsecure areas of the nation who will now not obtain dietary assist.
• WFP continues to organize for the launch of a cashbased switch pilot funded by a personal sector contribution that can present 1,000 college youngsters and their households with a month-to-month commodity voucher or a cellular cash switch (with a month-to-month switch worth of USD 15), to assist the focused beneficiaries’ entry to nutritious meals.
• With further donor funding acquired, WFP has carried out focusing on for the distribution of two months’ meals help for 91,305 extremely meals insecure beneficiaries (18,261 households) in 4 of the nation’s most meals insecure counties (Grand Gedeh, Maryland, River Gee and Sinoe) within the southeast of Liberia. Distributions are anticipated to happen beginning in February 2021.